(1) Promote an atmosphere of cohesiveness and cooperation staff;
(2) Promote recognition of the staff as an integral part of the institution;
(3) Provide a forum for any staff member to openly discuss any matter associated with the university;
(4) Provide the staff a collective voice in university matters affecting staff activities and staff welfare; and
(5) Serve as an advisory body to the University’s President.
The Staff Council shall:
- Nominate staff members to serve on university-wide committees.
- Appoint standing and/or ad hoc committees as determined by a majority of the Executive Board.
- Prepare and submit position papers to the University President on staff concerns as determined by a majority of the Executive Board.
- Meet regularly to promote communications among its members.
- Address issues affecting the activities and welfare of the membership.
The Staff Council shall be a University of Houston-Victoria (all sites) organization under its own constitution.
Campus Closed from 12/24/14 - 1/2/15 - 12/24/2014
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 1/8/2015
Museum of the Coastal Bend - Cattle Drive - 1/10/2015
Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday - 1/19/2015UHV Newswire