Office of the Provost
Student Housing and Dining Committee
The Student Housing and Dining Committee minimally meets twice per semester (roughly 2-3 weeks after the start of the semester and 2-3 weeks prior to the end of the semester), with ad-hoc meetings as needed. The committee's charge is to
1. Propose and review policies and procedures pertaining to student housing and student dining.
2. Propose new initiatives and advise the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Budget Committee on student housing and dining issues.
3. Provide regular updates to the university community on student housing and student dining
Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
13 members; 2 non-voting resource members (General Manager Jaguar Hall and Executive Chef of Jaguar Hall); 4 students; and 5 staff, faculty, and/or administrators. The Director of Student Retention and Academic Success will serve as committee chair and will be a non-voting member except in the case of a tie.
- Staff, faculty, and administrators will be appointed by the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
- Student members will be appointed by the Director of Student Life and Services
- Senior Director for Enrollment Management and Retention
- General Manager, Jaguar Hall (non-voting, resource member)
- Executive Chef, Jaguar Hall (non-voting resource member)
- Athletic Director or designee
- Director of IT or designee
- UHV Student residing in Victoria apartments
- President, Jaguar Hall Community Council (student)
- Student Resident of Jaguar Court
- Student Senate President
- Director of Student Life and Services
- Vice President for Administration and Finance or designee
- Core Curriculum faculty member
- Safety and Risk Manager or designee
The General Manager of Jaguar Hall, Executive Chef of Jaguar Hall, the Director of Student Life and Services, and the Director of Retention and Student Success will be permanent members of this committee. Students will serve 1-year terms and all other appointed members will serve 2-year terms.
Fall 2014 (November 18, 2014)