Your associate degree can get you up to a $1,000 scholarship as a new UHV transfer student!
Summer and fall registration open April 14!
A limited number of Transfer Scholarships are available and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to qualify, you must:
- Be a Texas resident.
- Show proof of receiving your associate degree with at least a 2.0 grade-point average.
- Be a new UHV transfer student.
- Take a minimum of 12 hours at UHV during summer 2014 and a minimum of 12 hours at UHV during fall 2014 to get the full award.
If you will receive an associate degree during spring 2014 and would like to apply for a UHV Transfer Scholarship for the summer, please submit a letter from the registrar’s office of your community college stating that you meet the criteria to graduate. This also holds true for students graduating with an associate degree during summer 2014 who would like to apply for a UHV Transfer Scholarship for the fall.
The UHV Transfer Scholarship application deadline is May 9 for summer and Aug. 4 for fall. The scholarship award will be $500 in the summer, and $500 in the fall. Qualified transfer students who start UHV courses in fall 2014 may only be eligible for a $500 transfer scholarship depending on availability of scholarship funds in spring 2015.
You may qualify for other scholarships if you don’t qualify for a UHV Transfer Scholarship. Just fill out the 2013-2014 UHV Scholarship Application if you are starting in summer 2014 or the 2014-2015 UHV Scholarship Application if you are starting in fall 2014. Apply today!
How to apply for a UHV Transfer Scholarship:
- Determine the campus nearest you – Victoria, Sugar Land or Cinco Ranch. UHV also offers some classes and programs at the Houston Community College Katy campus and the Lone Star College University Center at Montgomery in The Woodlands (nursing students only). For more information about classes and programs at those two locations, contact an advisor below.
- Call (361) 570-4110 or toll free (877) 970-4848, ext. 4110 to get information about registration. An online application is available at ApplyTexas.org.
- Submit an official transcript from each college attended, sent directly from each institution to UHV, Office of Admissions, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St., Victoria, Texas 77901.
- Fill out the 2013-2014 UHV Scholarship Application or the 2014-2015 UHV Scholarship Application (depending on whether you are starting in summer 2014 or fall 2014), and check the box that shows you are applying for a UHV Transfer Scholarship.
- Talk to an advisor to develop a degree plan. Degree offerings vary by campus.
- Check your UHV student email account (created when you apply for admission) frequently for scholarship notification. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will need to accept it.
You are now on the path to investing in your future at UHV. Welcome to UHV.