Your associate degree can get you up to a $500 scholarship as a new UHV transfer student!
Spring registration now open!
A limited number of Transfer Scholarships are available and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to qualify, you must:
- Be a Texas resident.
- Show proof of receiving your associate degree with at least a 2.0 grade-point average.
- Be a new UHV transfer student.
- Take a minimum of 12 hours at UHV during spring 2014.
If you will receive an associate degree during fall 2013 and would like to apply for a UHV Transfer Scholarship, please submit a letter from the registrars office of your community college stating that you meet the criteria to graduate.
The UHV Transfer Scholarship application deadline is Dec. 6. The scholarship award will be $500 in the spring.
You may qualify for other scholarships if you are not eligible for a UHV Transfer Scholarship. Just fill out the 2013-2014 UHV Scholarship Application.
How to apply for a UHV Transfer Scholarship:
- Determine the campus nearest you – Victoria, Sugar Land, Cinco Ranch
or The Woodlands (nursing students only).
- Call (361) 570-4110 or toll free (877) 970-4848, ext. 4110 to get information about registration. An online application is available at ApplyTexas.org.
- Submit an official transcript from each college attended, sent directly from each institution to UHV, Office of Admissions and Records, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St., Victoria, Texas 77901.
- Complete the 2013-2014 UHV Scholarship Application and check the box that shows you are applying for a UHV Transfer Scholarship.
- Talk to an advisor to develop a degree plan. Degree offerings vary by campus.
- Check your UHV student email account (created when you apply for admission) frequently for scholarship notification. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will need to accept it.
You are now on the path to your future at UHV. Welcome to UHV.