Office of Admissions
International Student Services
Requesting a CADIVI Letter
What is a CADIVI?
CADIVI (Comision de Administracion de Divisas, or Commission for the Administration of Currency Exchange) is the the Venezuelan government body which administers currency exchange. Commercial banks and other authorized exchange agents in Venezuela are required to obtain authorization from CADIVI in order to trade Bolivares Fuertes (VEF) into U.S. dollars (USD). For more information, see www.cadivi.gob.ve . Students must provide multiple documents to CADIVI in order to benefit from a favorable exchange rate. If CADIVI approves the request, funds can be transferred at a favorable exchange rate. If CADIVI denies the request or the process is delayed, the student is responsible for finding alternative means of payment.
How to Request a CADIVI Letter
- Students must register for the future UHV semester and billing must show the amount of tuition and fees required in the student account.
- Send an email to email@example.com with CADIVI Request and UHV ID number in the subject line. Include this information in the email:
- UHV ID number
- Program of study
- Visa status
- Expected graduation date
- Mailing address to send the CADIVI letter to
- A copy of the letter will be returned to student by email. Student should check the letter for errors or missing information, and then email the DSO to send the completed letter as it is or with corrections.
- Completed letters will be sent within 5 business days after email is received. The completed letter will contain a copy of the student's printed statement of account for tuition and fees.
Sample CADIVI Letter
RE: Student Name
City, State, Zipcode
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to verify that the above referenced student has registered for courses at the University of Houston-Victoria for the following academic period:
Dates of Semester
Intended Degree: Bachelor of Science
Major: Computer Science
Visa Status: F-1, Student
Ms. XXXX is currently maintaining F-1 visa status. The following is an estimate of the expenses for 1 semester of her studies at our university.
$9143 Tuition and Fees
$ 598 Health Insurance
$9741 Total expense for Spring 2014 semester
Expected graduation date: 15 MAY 2016
Ms. XXXX's tuition and fees statement for the Spring 2014 term is attached to this letter. Tuition rates are set by Texas legislative action. Payment is due January 10, 2014.
Office of Admissions / Int. Student Services
University of Houston-Victoria
(361) 570-4110 / firstname.lastname@example.org
State of Texas, County of Victoria
This instrument was signed/acknowledge before me on the ____ of _________, 2014 by
Notary Public Signature Notary Seal
Dates & Events
VBEC Board meeting - 4/24/2014
Seventh Annual UHV Spring Nursing Forum - 4/25/2014
Baseball @ (RV) LSU - Alexandria - 4/25/2014
FR Registration Day - 4/26/2014
Baseball @ (RV) LSU - Alexandria - 4/26/2014