University Of Houston-Victoria
Texas Administrative Code (TAC)
|PART 10||DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION RESOURCES|
|CHAPTER 206||STATE WEBSITES|
|SUBCHAPTER C||INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION WEBSITES|
(a) Effective September 1, 2006, unless an exception is approved by the agency head or an exemption has been made for specific technologies pursuant to §213.37 of this title, all new or changed web pages must comply with:
(1) the standards described in Section 508 Subpart B §1194.22, paragraphs (a) through (p), excluding paragraphs (b) and (k);
(2) the standards and specifications described in this section; and
(3) the standards and specifications applicable to an institution of higher education's accessibility policy described in §213.41 of this title.
(b) Based on a request for accommodation of a webcast of a live/real time open meeting (Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551) or training and informational video productions which support the institution of higher education's mission, each institution of higher education must consider alternative forms of accommodation. Refer to §206.1 of this chapter for definitions for Alternate Formats and Alternate Methods.
(c) An alternative version page, with equivalent information or functionality, must be provided to make a website comply with the provisions of this section, when compliance cannot be accomplished in any other way. The content of the alternative page must be updated whenever the primary page changes.
(d) Effective September 1, 2006, unless an exception is approved by the agency head or an exemption has been made for specific technologies pursuant to §213.37 of this title, all new or changed web page/site designs must be tested by the institution of higher education using one or more Section 508 compliance tools in conjunction with manual procedures to validate compliance with this chapter.
(e) An institution of higher education must establish an accessibility policy as described in §213.41 of this title which must include criteria for monitoring its website for compliance with the standards and specifications of this chapter. Additional information about testing tools and resources are available on the Department's website.
(f) Each state website should be designed with consideration for current and emerging Internet connection technologies available to the general public.
Source Note: The provisions of this §206.70 adopted to be effective March 7, 2012, 37 TexReg 1487
- INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION WEBSITES Rule §206.70 Accessibility
- ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS FOR INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION Rule §213.37 Compliance Exceptions and Exemptions
- ACCESSIBILITY STANDARDS FOR INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION Rule §213.41 EIR Accessibility Policy and Coordinator
- Quick Reference Guide to Section 508; See §1194.22: Web based intranet and Internet information and applications