Connecting Via VPN
1. Log on to the computer
2. Click on the Start button. Then select Control Panel.
3. Double click on Network Connections.
4. Double Click on New Connection Wizard and click Next.
5. If you have never set up a new connection, the following Location Information screen may display, enter your area code in the appropriate window, and click OK.If this screen does not display, move on to step 6.
6. Select"Connect to the network at my workplace". Click Next.
7. Select "Virtual Private Network Connection" then click "Next".
8. Type UHV in the Company Name window and click "Next"
9. Enter rras.uhv.edu in the window for Host name or IP address.
10. User's Choice is selected and click "Next". (This screen may not display. Move on to the next step in that case)
11. Type UHV in the space provided. Make sure the "Add a short cut to my desktop" is checked and click Finish.
12. Return to your desktop.The following icon will be there.Double click on it.
13. Input your user name including the "@uhv.edu" and the password you use to log on to you computer on campus.DO NOT check the "Save Password" box.Click Connect.
The following window will appear and change a couple of times.
Once the connection is established you the following bubble will pop up.
14. Now you are logged on and ready to map your drives. Click on the Start button, then right click on My Computer.
15. You will get the following screen. "Left" click on Map Network Drive.
16. In the drive window, select the down arrow and then the M: drive.
In the "folder" window, type in \\diamond.uhv.edu\username if you are staff or faculty.
Follow steps 15, 16 and 17 to map P, Q and any other drives you need.
P: drive is mapped to \\diamond.uhv.edu\pub
Q: is mapped to departmental shared drives. Contact the Helpdesk (361-570-4399) if you need assistance with the share name.
Outlook Email Configuration
You are now ready to configure Outlook.
Click on the outlook icon.
The following screen will appear.
2. Click next to bring up the next screen.
Select Corporate or Workgroup shown below, then the Next button.
3. Be sure the "Use the following information services" radio button is selected. Check the Microsoft Exchange Server box. Then click the next button.
4. Enter mail1.uhv.edu into the Microsoft Exchange server window. Then enter your username as you would on campus (last name - first initial) in the Mailbox window. Then click the Next button.
5. Be sure to select the No radio button in the following screen. Do NOT select the Yes button.
6. Click the Next button the get the following screen.
7. Click Finish. If it goes straight to the Enter Password screen, enter your username (without "@uhv.edu"), domain (UHV) and your password.
When starting the Outlook program, you may receive a message screen that says, "Outlook is not currently your default program for E-mail, Calendar and Contactsou may leave the o make it the default program?"ur default program for E. Would you like to make it the default program?"
Click the "Yes" button.
Uncheck the "Always perform this check when starting Microsoft Outlook" box if you no longer wish to receive that message screen.
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013