University Of Houston-Victoria
Before you can log in anywhere, you must change your password from the default. To do so, go to https://idhelp.uhv.edu/ (this works best on Chrome or IE browsers). From here, go to Change Existing Password. For your user name, use your Student ID number. For the old password, it will be in the format of mmddyyx! (meaning m = month of your birthday, d = day of your birthday, and y = last two digits of the year you were born, x = your last name initial lowercase, and a ! simply being a ! ). For the new password, that is up to you to create. It must follow the following criteria:
- It must be at least 8 characters long
- It must be made up of numbers, letters, and at least one special character (such as the !)
- It cannot be part of your name.
- And it cannot be any simple English dictionary words. (However, if you were to take a word such as orange and change it to 0r@nge, it no longer recognizes it as an English word).
- It also cannot be an old password, but you can take your old password and change it up with the symbols and that will make it recognize it as a new password.
Please call us at 361-570-4888 if you need more help. We are available Mon – Thurs 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday 1 to 6 p.m.