Office of the Vice President for
Administration and Finance
SECTION: TRAVEL INDEX: F-7
SUBJECT: PROSPECTIVE STATE EMPLOYEE
A prospective state employee is an individual who has incurred expenses when invited to visit the UH-Victoria campus for the purpose of being interviewed for a position vacancy. Prospective state employees are to be reimbursed at the same rate as regular state employees.
The following procedures must be followed for prospective employees:
- When prospective employees are invited for interviews, they must be informed that they will have to pay all their expenses and be reimbursed after the interview is completed subject to the following exceptions:
- The department interviewing the prospective employee must fill out a travel request form for the employee. Assistance in estimating travel costs can be obtained in the Finance Department.
- Only the prospective employee's expenses will be reimbursed unless spousal expenses are approved by the President.
- Once the prospective employee arrives at UHV, they must sign all the necessary forms required for reimbursement (travel Expense Reporting Form, Mileage Reporting Form, Vendor ID form, etc.). The prospective employee should be informed that it may take at least 30 days for reimbursement, and the department secretary may contact the Finance Department to obtain the necessary forms.
- After the prospective employee completes the interview, copies of all necessary receipts (transportation, lodging, etc.) must be sent to the division secretary. The prospective employee should be provided with a return envelope to mail receipts to the division secretary. Upon receipt of the required documentation, the department secretary will complete the travel voucher for reimbursement. The completed voucher will be sent to the Finance Department for final processing.
(1) The Department Head has the discretion to arrange for direct billing with a local hotel for lodging expenses. The University will then be responsible for paying the hotel.
(2) The Department Head has the discretion to make airline travel arrangements for the candidate through the university's authorized designated travel agency. The University will then be responsible for paying the travel agency.
Questions should be directed to the Finance Department prior to any commitments of university funds.
Signature Obtained 02/19/2009
Tim Hudson, Ph.D. Date
Next review date: October 2011
Origination: Finance Department
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
UHV math professor teaches innovative lesson plans - 05/20/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013