Office of the Vice President for
Administration and Finance
SECTION: STUDENT SERVICES INDEX: D-2
SUBJECT: EMERGENCY MESSAGES TO STUDENTS
In certain types of emergencies, attempts will be made to notify students. For purposes of this policy, emergencies are defined as those that involve a death, illness, injury, accident, or a threat to a students livelihood or property.
- A students ill or injured child requires parental consent for treatment,
- A family or household member is injured or ill,
- A students employer calls regarding a business emergency where the students job may depend on his or her response.
- Student emergency messages received by the campus switchboard or other campus office should be transferred to the Office of Student Life and Services (SLS).
- SLS personnel will:
- determine whether or not the situation is an emergency, as defined by this policy,
- attempt to determine the students location and attempt to deliver the message,
- communicate with switchboard or campus office whether the message was delivered or not.
Signature Obtained 09/17/2012
Philip Castille, Ph.D. Date
Originating Department: Student Recruitment and Relations
Next Review Date: October 2015
Baseball vs. Wiley College - 4/16/2014
AZL Bake Sale - 4/17/2014
SBA Building a Better Credit Portfolio - 4/17/2014
Baseball vs. Wiley College - 4/17/2014
Baseball vs. (RV) LSU - Alexandria - 4/18/2014
Baseball vs. (RV) LSU - Alexandria - 4/19/2014
More Texas high school seniors considering UHV - 04/11/2014
Spring Nursing Forum to discuss health collaboration - 04/10/2014