Manager of Disability Services and At-Risk Programs
Rm 133B, University West building
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
In order to request accommodations and receive services, the student must have a clear diagnosis of ADHD or ADD. It is the student’s responsibility to secure documentation.
ADHD and ADD are medical or clinical diagnoses. Individuals qualified to render a diagnosis for these disorders are practitioners trained in the assessment of ADHD and/or ADD and are experienced in assessing the needs of adult learners. Qualified practitioners include: developmental pediatricians, neurologists, psychiatrists, licensed clinical or educational psychologists, family physicians or a combination of such professional.
Recommended documentation includes:
- A clear statement of ADHD or ADD with the DSM-IV diagnosis and a description of supporting symptoms.
- Current documentation (within three years) is required.
- A summary of assessment procedures and evaluation instruments used to make the diagnosis.
- A narrative summary, including all scores, which support the diagnosis.
- Pertinent medication information (e.g., the impact of medication on the student’s ability to meet the demands of the postsecondary environment).
- Suggestions of reasonable accommodations which might be appropriate at the postsecondary level are encouraged. These recommendations should be supported by the diagnosis.
Dr. Christopher Kaio, Director of Disability Services for UH Downtown, has granted the UHV Disability Services Office permission to use these documentation guidelines for students on the UHV Disability Services Website.
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV math professor teaches innovative lesson plans - 05/20/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013