To promote and support a culture at the University of Houston-Victoria which builds compliance consciousness into the daily activities of University personnel and encourages employees to conduct University business with honesty and integrity.
- Promote standards, procedures and business practices that help ensure compliance with laws, regulations and university policy;
- Identify and assess external compliance and fraud related risks;
- Ensure that activities posing the greatest risks are properly managed by the appropriate individuals;
- Provide employees with the training necessary to understand the compliance and fraud issues relevant to their positions and their fiduciary responsibilities as state employees;
- Prevent fraud and reduce opportunities for fraud;
- Encourage employees to report suspected fraud or other matters of institutional non-compliance, providing avenues to do so confidentially without fear of retaliation;
- Provide positive assurances to executive officers, auditors and the Board of Regents of an effective and viable compliance and fraud prevention program.
Meeting VBEC - 7/24/2014
Business Plans Victoria - 7/30/2014
Veteran's Summit and Town Hall Meeting - 8/7/2014
Freshman Registration Day - 8/9/2014
Mid-Coast Texas Master Naturalists Meeting - 8/9/2014
Free SBDC workshop to cover basics of business law - 07/17/2014
UHV’s Ebner named conference SID of the Year - 07/17/2014