International Programs and Special Projects
Office of International Programs and Special Projects
University West, Room 108
3007 N Ben Wilson, Victoria Texas 77901
Phone: 361.570.4187 Fax: 361.570.4184
Toll Free 877.970.4848, Ext. 187
Office of International Programs and special Projects
Study Abroad Changes Lives
The mission of the University of Houston-Victoria Office of International Programs and Special Projects (IPSP) is to design and implement strategies which will help our students, faculty, staff and community become more effective citizens in an ever increasing global world. Supporting increased enrollment and access for under-represented groups at UHV represents an important part of the achievement mission of IPSP.
The Office of International Programs and Special Projects is committed to:
- Increase the level and quality of international engagement for students, faculty and staff of UHV, as well as the community in general by:
- Collaboration with universities in Mexico to provide total immersion, living the culture while learning the Spanish language and earning college credit;
- Providing students opportunity to study abroad in London, England;
- Finding new opportunities for UHV students to study abroad in various countries as they are identified and approved;
- Making a commitment to find alternative or additional student funding to study abroad.
- Offering community events which target the Spanish speaking people such as sponsorship of:
- Hispanic Heritage a proclaimed month to celebrate the Hispanic heritage.
- Fiesta Day Celebrating Spanish culture while earning monies for student scholarships.
The latest information about study abroad programs may be found on our website at www.uhv.edu/study_abroad .