Transfer of Graduate Credits

The transfer student must meet the regular admission requirements. Credit may be transferred only for graduate credit courses completed with a grade of A or B. These courses, completed in residence at the University of Houston-Victoria under a graduate degree program, must be certified as graduate level by the Office of Admissions and Records of UH-Victoria. Except for the graduate business programs, the transfer student must complete 75% of the coursework required for a degree program at UHV (for example, 36 hours in a 48 hour program) unless transferring from a UH System institution. In the latter case, the student must complete 50% at UHV. The graduate business programs accept only 6 semester credit hours in transfer, effective Fall 2003.

Advanced work completed with another institution prior to the time the institution offered graduate credit will not apply as credit toward an advanced degree at UH-Victoria. The student bears the final responsibility for securing the Office of Admissions and Records’ evaluation. Approval of transfer credit toward a degree is by the appropriate school dean with the advice and consent of the president or his/her designee.

Correspondence Credit
Graduate credit is not granted for correspondence courses and courses taken prior to the student's admission to a graduate school.

University Of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson, Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 570-4848, Toll Free in Texas (877) 970-4848

Questions / Comments To: