Postbaccalaureate Admission

To be eligible for admission under the postbaccalaureate classification in the undergraduate career, a student must have at least a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution but not be enrolled in a graduate program. The application for admission to postbaccalaureate studies should be filed as early as possible to ensure time for processing before registration. An official transcript showing the completion of the student’s most recent degree must be sent directly from the institution conferring that degree to UH-Victoria. A postbaccalaureate student seeking another undergraduate degree or teacher certification is required to submit transcripts from all former institutions. All students must provide proof of English proficiency prior to approval for admission.

Although unofficial documents may be accepted for course registration purposes, official transcripts showing the last semester of course work and degree earned must be received in the registrar’s office by the 12th day of classes during the fall and spring terms and by the 4thday of classes during the summer terms.

Postbaccalaureate students may not register for graduate courses unless admitted as temporary graduate students. Postbaccalaureate students intending to take any graduate courses should request "temporary graduate student" admission on their application.

A student must file a new application for a future term or request an update of the application to a future semester if the student does not enroll for the semester indicated on the original application.

University Of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson, Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 570-4848, Toll Free in Texas (877) 970-4848

Questions / Comments To: