The Budget Department will provide accurate and timely information regarding the budget functions of the University of Houston-Victoria. The Budget Department assists in fulfilling the financial needs of the University and has a stewardship role in the University's financial resources. In this capacity, the primary duties of the budget department consist of the following:
- Assists the Budget Committee in the annual budget cycle.
- Prepares and implements the annual operating budget.
- Verifies approved budget to the financial and payroll systems and maintains the integrity of data throughout the year.
- Monitors departmental cost centers throughout the year.
- Reports to the Budget Committee throughout the year on the budgeted amount vs. actual spending.
- Prepares biennial Legislative Appropriations Request (LAR).
- Develops systems and procedures to assure uniform budget practices that adhere to the policies of the University, UH System, and the State of Texas.
Campus Closed from 12/24/14 - 1/2/15 - 12/24/2014
Museum of the Coastal Bend - Cattle Drive - 1/10/2015
Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday - 1/19/2015
Monthly Meeting of the Crossroads Astronomy Club - 1/19/2015UHV Newswire
Commission votes to re-affirm UHV's accreditation for 10 more years - Thu, 18 Dec 2014
UHV makes state list of most affordable online colleges - Thu, 18 Dec 2014
UHV students deliver Giving Tree donations to nonprofit groups - Thu, 18 Dec 2014
UHV/American Book Review releases spring 2015 series lineup - Fri, 12 Dec 2014