From: Dr. Philip Castille, Chair of Budget Committee
To: Department Heads
Date: November 27, 2012
Subject: FY 2013-2014 Budget Process
Budget hearings will be held on Thursday, January 31, 2013. The hearing schedule can be found on the Budget Department website at http://www.uhv.edu/Budget/BudgetBook/hearingSchedule.aspx. Hearings are open to all faculty, staff, and students. Planning and Budgeting Instructions are available at http://www.uhv.edu/Budget/BudgetBook/Instructions.aspx.
Budget requests should be accompanied by a written explanation that establishes the critical need for funding and provides a rationale for why reallocation within existing budgets cannot meet unit goals.
The oral presentation at the budget hearing should be concise and address the following:
- An explanation of how your departmental budget requests fit the University mission.
- New opportunities/ needs ranked in priority order and justified in terms of their importance to meeting major program objectives.
- Improved and more cost-effective ways of carrying out current initiatives.
- Budgeted activities or positions that can be reduced or eliminated when they no longer support major program objectives.
- A cost summary of the major budget requests. (May use Budget Request Summary form on Budget website)
The budget package submitted at the hearing consists of the following:
- Unit Plan Form showing (1) summary of the unit assessment for the previous year, (2) brief narrative of how new resources for FY 2012-13 are advancing unit goals and strategies, and (3) clear statement of unit goals and strategies for FY 2013-14.
- Budget forms: (1) Budget Request Summary (with all requests/needs in priority order) and (2) detailed Budget Request Forms for M&O, positions and capital items.
If you have any questions concerning the Planning Form, please contact Tong-Ai Zhang (Ext. 4323) in the Institutional Research Office.
If you have questions concerning budget requests and pertinent forms, please contact Krystal Murray (Ext. 4859) or Darlene Pullin (Ext. 4850) in the Budget Department. Additional information and forms are available at http://www.uhv.edu/Budget/Forms.aspx
Thank you for your work and support of the University of Houston -Victoria.
First Steps to Starting Your Own Business - 8/7/2014
Veteran's Summit and Town Hall Meeting - 8/7/2014
Freshman Registration Day - 8/9/2014